Technique Junkies

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome Karen Petitt!

Hi, there!  I've got another Crew member that I'd like to spotlight this week--it's the fabulous Karen Petitt!!!  Karen has been crafting for awhile now but she is the only Crew member from the UK!  The rest of us are from North America!  Let's hear what she has to say about herself!

Karen Petitt: stamping in pINK
 

Hello, my name is Karen Petitt!  I am married to my wonderful husband Steve who is my brick as well as being my Carer.  We live in rural Northamptonshire, not far from Oxford and Silverstone Racing Circuit. We don't have any children but I do have a Jack Russell Terrier called Eddy who brings much laughter to our lives!

I have crafted all of my life in various different ways.  I started out knitting - my Mum taught me how to knit when I was 5.  I've always crafted, since childhood, just different crafts!  I started making my own cards when I couldn't find a card suitable for my husband.

Approximately 20 years ago I was introduced to rubber stamping and heat embossing - and I was hooked!  I was lucky enough, at that time, to be able to attend stamping and card making workshops to learn and improve my skills. 

I love clean and simple cards but I rarely make them!  With the exception of Steve and my younger brother, Luke, my family love cards that are bold and loud and I try to make the card to suit the person rather than being one style.

Stamping and creating helps me escape from Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  I had junior RA as a child and my back was damaged after being in two car accidents within one year. 

I was part of Joanna Sheen's design team for a year and was lucky enough to see my cards on TV in the UK (Create & Craft Channel).  I love learning new techniques as well as updating techniques I learnt 10 years or so ago.   I'm a serious stamp addict with a mega stamp addiction! I love having inky fingers. I'm experimenting with different mediums and techniques right now.

I'm looking forward to working with you all and learning some new skills!  Sorry if I have 'rabbited' on too much - it is one of my main faults!

No worries, Karen!  We LOVE knowing about the girls we work with!  I know that we're all excited to see the creations that you create here at Technique Tuesday! :)

No comments: