Technique Junkies

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Meet Adrienne!

As you all noticed in yesterdays post, we've got some new gals that we need to introduce!  You will get to know a little bit more about them in their own words each Wednesday until they've all been properly welcomed!  Without further ado, meet Adrienne!!!

I am super excited to be a part of the Technique Tuesday Time Crew!  The first time I came across Mynnette's blog I was hooked?  There are so few Challenge blogs that teach you a new technique to try out!  As card makers I think we are the type of crafters who need to continually learn new techniques and ideas to keep our creations fresh.  In fact I don't think I spent as much time learning new techniques as I have since I started Card making on a regular basis.  From Stamping techniques, to folding, to distressing, the list goes on and on and that's what makes it so much fun!


A visit to Archiver's in Chicago - My first time ever - What a beautiful Store!

During one of the more recent challenges I remember thinking to myself  "I'd really like to become a member of this design team, I think it would be a lot of fun,"  low and behold just a few weeks later the Crew Call was put out and the rest they say is "history"!

First off I am a Christian and have been for the past 20 years.  I live on the Central Coast of California,  I have a lovely family with three children ages 17, 15 and 10.  My oldest Jacob is a real diplomat with people, he has ADHD so he works really hard in school to keep up.  My second is a girl, she has very Mild Autism, she is fully integrated into regular education and is Gifted.  She is in a new type of school this year called New Tech High.  If you are intrested in the details of project based learning just Google it!  My youngest is my baby girl!  Came out of the womb cuddling and cooing!  She is smart and adorable, she has ADD but once on her medicine she really gets down to work and has straight A's this year!   As they are getting older and are more independent these days I have more time to explore and create with my favorite past times;  Scrapping, Card Making and Beading.  I have been an avid Scrap-booker since my oldest was born and just this year took up Card making and I'm hooked!  I am a part of two other Design Teams, Ooh La La Creations out of the UK and just this week I was asked to join Tammy's Scrapping Corner.  It is so fulfilling to see my little dream of participating on Design Teams come true!!!

 I also  help my wonderful husbandof 22 years to  run our Termite and Pest Control business, in between spending as much time as I can creating at my work table!  I think he would like it the other way around!  I love being a part of this wonderful online Paper-craft community because it gives me a chance to meet awesome and friendly people who love creating as much as I do!  Please stop by  my blog, say hi and join me, I would love to meet you!  I'm really looking forward to working with all of you very talented ladies!

Blessings,
Adrienne

1 comment:

Jacki Daniels said...

Congrats to all the new DT members ladies I do hope you can help I am looking for a faux airbrush tutorial as I love the effect but don't know how to do it and can't find one any where thank you
Jacki xx
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/